Senior Software Engineer
Options AI is a technology-first brokerage firm seeking a dynamic and experienced engineer to play an integral role contributing to its rapid growth. The successful candidate will have a strong track record of building reliable, back-end trading or finance systems to support internal and external stakeholders.
- Design low latency, secure, large-scale systems for our customers and application teams
- Owning features through inception, design, implementation, and launch
- Work with our web application teams to design and maintain APIs
- Work in multiple languages across different parts of the Options AI stack and / or front-end trading client applications
- Coordinate with off-shore development team members and oversee their output.
- Translate requirements and technical direction into production-quality code
- Contribute to scaling existing technology by profiling current architecture and refactoring existing code and / or leveraging new technology within existing systems
- Write comprehensive tests for your code
- Perform infrastructure work as necessary with support from the infrastructure team to support application development projects
- Take ownership over back end systems
- Provide technical leadership for more junior members of the team, by both managing small project teams and providing general technical mentorship
- Comprehensive knowledge in Java, Python or Node.JS
- Knowledge of design patterns and software architecture
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Capable of communicating effectively. We're a small remote team; you will be involved in every aspect and there is a lot of scope to learn new skills.
- Ownership mentality - you want to get it done and be responsible for outcomes.
- Experience in FinTech/Cryptocurrencies products or companies
- Experience in processing large streams of data
- Experience in distributed systems
- Java/Dropwizard as the main language and framework
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- RabbitMQ as our task queue