About the Role
Options AI is a technology-first brokerage firm seeking a dynamic and experienced engineer to play an integral role in contributing to its rapid growth. The successful candidate will have experience in building REST API's that support internal and external stakeholders.
This is an opportunity for a motivated junior or mid-level engineer with an ownership mentality to gain experience and join an early-stage company recognized as a FinTech innovator.
- Design low latency, secure, large-scale systems for our customers and application teams
- Owning features through inception, design, implementation, and launch
- Work with our web application teams to design and maintain APIs
- Work in multiple languages across different parts of the Options AI stack and/or front-end trading client applications
- Translate requirements and technical direction into production-quality code
- Contribute to scaling existing technology by profiling current architecture and refactoring existing code and/or leveraging new technology within existing systems
- Write comprehensive tests for your code
- Perform infrastructure work as necessary with support from the infrastructure team to support application development projects
- Take ownership over back-end systems
- Working knowledge of Java, Python or Node.JS
- Knowledge of design patterns and software architecture
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Capable of communicating effectively. We're a small remote team; you will be involved in every aspect and there is a lot of scope to learn new skills.
- Ownership mentality - you want to get it done and be responsible for outcomes.
Nice to Have
- Experience in FinTech/Cryptocurrencies products or companies
- Experience in processing large streams of data
- Experience in distributed systems
- Java & Dropwizard/Micronaut frameworks
- Python with Fast API framework
- PostgreSQL as our primary datastore
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer
- RabbitMQ as our task queue
Job Type: Full-time